Sunday, October 5, 2014

Exerpt from Careful What You Wish For!!

So with each book that I write, I'm always thinking its my baby. Of course, who wouldn't. It's your book! But with this new book, I'm BEYOND in love with it! So much so that I'm going to share an excerpt from it! If you are on my page - which if you are reading this more than likely clicked on the link FROM my page- you will be seeing a lot of teasers. AND in 5 days you'll be seeing the cover! I CANNOT wait for this book to release, which by the way is in November!! EEK!!

Without further delay - here is a part of the book!!


Speeding down the road, my head in a fog from everything, I guess I didn’t realize how fast I was really going. Lights began to flash in my rearview mirror and a siren blared at me. “Oh no! I forgot my wallet!” I whispered.

Leila began to cry, “I don’t want you to go to jail!”

I turned around in my seat, “Why would I go to jail? Am I wanted or something?” I panicked.

“Good morning, miss. Do you know why I’m pulling you over?” the police officer asked.

I began to breathe heavily, “I was speeding, but officer – I’m in a bind, I-I seem to have woken up in the wrong place, I-I have these girls to get to school and…” I began to tear up as I tried to calm my breathing.

“Miss, have you been drinking?” he asked.

“What? N-no, I went out last night and then I woke up in this house and they are saying I’m their mommy… Officer…”

“I’m going to need you to step out of the car,” he commanded. The girls were beginning to weep in the backseat.  I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped out of the van. “I understand the stress of being a parent,” he began. “But, you really need to not have a breakdown in front of your kids. I see it all too much around here. Just take a deep breath, things will get better. Slow things down and drive carefully,” he said, opening the car door.

I gave him a puzzled look, I kind of wanted him to arrest me, so I could have a moment to figure out or even find out what the hell was going on. Maybe even speak to a detective to solve this shit. I slid back into the van and buckled my seatbelt.

“Officer?” I called, as he walked back to his car.

“Yes, ma’am?”

“I… I must’ve gotten turned around. Can you possibly point me in the direction of the elementary school?”

“Miss, are you sure you haven’t been drinking?”

I sighed, “I’m sure. I just…” I paused a moment to think of some sort of lie, “I have a migraine.” The officer nodded and pointed down just down the road to the school just a few blocks away. He returned to his car and I slid embarrassedly into the driver seat.


I hope you like! Careful What You Wish For will be released in November :D

No comments:

Post a Comment