Sunday, September 21, 2014

A bit of a rant...

Well if you haven't seen it already - Wicked Spell is FINALLY out! However - I find myself a little down.... no not because it's out, but because I just found it on a pirated website. Yep. It was released on Friday and already out.

Now, I can't tell you how hard I worked on it. How hard I worked on both Dark Secret and Wicked Spell. They are my other kids. They are my late nights. They are my losing sleep. And for someone to have put them up on site that lets you download them for free? Really?




I consider myself a very generous person. If you need help - I'm there. If you need an ear to listen - I'm always there. If you scratch my back - I'm totally going to scratch yours. I like to help people out. It's just who I am. But when I'm finding my book that was just released 2 days ago on a pirating site... yeah. It makes me lose my faith in society. I'm not going to say that I'm going to stop doing giveaways, well cause that means I'm punishing everyone and that's one thing I don't want to do.

Today, though it just makes me what to take my ball and go home. I'm a little peeved. Now, I can say I looked again and I don't have any # of downloads from the site - a fellow author had 10+ THOUSAND! The fact that all of my books are on there just pisses me the eff off.




Anyway, I do wanna thank all that have been true to all authors (not just indie) and buy your books from a legit site. Writing could be just our hobby, but it takes money away from us when you don't use a legal site (iTunes, BN.com and Amazon).

Alright I'm done bitching for the day. Thanks for listening. Well, now that Wicked Spell is out - I can finally finish up my Romantic Comedy! You guys, I think you're going to love this book. It's called Careful What You Wish For: A Fucked Up Fairy Tale. LMAO!! I am cracking myself writing this (which sometimes after a few martini's doesn't take long), but its going to be epic. I think you'll love it. I'll definitely keep you posted on release dates and so forth.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment