Thursday, August 28, 2014


Well, I’ve officially sucked at keeping this blog up LOL! Where do I even begin to explain? How about the beginning.

I had originally thought I was going to release Wicked Spell (book 2 of Dark Secret) pretty soon after I went back on my own. Well, things didn’t pan out to happen that way. So, I thought why not release them in one book? That SOUNDED like a great idea, but in the end - not so much. I truly perched myself up on a fence and rocked back and forth on what to do. Do I release it WITH Dark Secret, change the ending and continue it with Wicked Spell… or do I give it its own release date and a new cover? The thing that truly made up my mind… My readers who already had Dark Secret and were waiting on Wicked spell… yeah they more than likely would have had to re-purchase the story. Amazon changed their rules about changes to a MS and giving the customers the updated version. It could have either taken 5-6 weeks or not at all. I didn’t want to chance that.

With that backstory being told… Wicked Spell is FINALLY getting a release date and cover all on it’s own!!! *insert celebration and lots of drinking here*

SEPTEMBER 19TH!!!!!  I can’t tell you how much weight has been lifted off my shoulders to pick a date (which by the way is the best day. Ever. Yeah, it’s my birthday LOL) and stick with it. As an author, sure low on the totem pole, I really want to keep my readers around. I know that not everyone expects books to be out right away (well some do, but they understand down the road), but I wanted to have this book out sooner. So with that – I apologize for keeping you waiting. It’s only 22 days away!!

NOW onto my other news… if you haven’t gathered that I’m ADD by now – you soon will.

While I was waiting around for the decision to be made for me (yeah I kinda hoped that it would miraculously make its own mind up. LOL), I started writing my first erotica. Sure, I’ve written hot sex scenes before. I’ve even encountered them. Why not WRITE about them? Because, erotica is on a whole other level than what I’m at. Don’t worry – the story isn’t going to TOTALLY get scrapped, well cause I fell in love with the main guy. The problem with the story. He starts out so freaking sexy and then…. Well he kinda falls apart. I need to work on it. Like A LOT. Well at the same time I thought I could handle writing TWO stories at the same time. (See I’m ADD). Writing one story is hard enough, but I still wanted to try.

I started writing Careful What You Wish For. This story is a romantic comedy about a fairy tale that goes completely wrong. I seriously have been cracking up writing this. As of now, I’m going to keep at this. If you loved Kyle from Dark Secret (which some of you have), his personality and smart ass-ness – take that times 2.

Can you tell why I have been away from here? So to recap. Wicked Spell – out 9/19 (cough make my birthday awesome cough), Working on Rom-COM. Have ADD.

Thanks again for your patience with me and for sticking by me. You all rock! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment